A global consultation on the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of People Living with HIV was held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from December 5-7, 2007.
The overall objectives of the consultation included the following:
- Agreement on a vision statement which would form the first part of the comprehensive guidance package;
- Identify an agenda for further debate, research and action;
- Inform and contribute to the finalisation of the guidance document to fully capture diverse
- Stimulate stakeholders to take action on the recommendations generated at the consultation;
- Strategise dissemination and implementation of the outcomes of the consultation; and
- Agree on a one page position statement, which would be drafted before the consultation and be based on key issues arising from the vision statement. The vision will be collective and focus
on certain common threads that will help shape public policy and will simultaneously ensure and reflect the diversity of perspectives.
Available in English, French and Spanish