Today is Zero discrimination day and we would like to draw your attention to top two diseases which kill our HIV positive friends globally, but yet to receive appropriate attention or in a simple plain word, DISCRIMINATED in our AIDS response.
TB and CM combined, causes almost 70% of AIDS-related deaths globally. However, there has been relatively little investment to address painful deaths from these diseases.
To achieve zero AIDS-related deaths by 2030, we demand the governments, donor countries UN agencies and the industry to stop discrimination towards these two diseases NOW and work together to provide 6 essential tools:
- CD4 tests as a entry point to manage AHD and AIDS care
- TB lipoarabinomannan (TB LAM) tests to provide timely TB detection and treatment
- TB preventive therapy (TPT) to reduce TB sickness and death
- Cryptococcal antigen (CrAg) screening for cryptococcal meningitis
- Fluconazole pre-emptive treatment of cryptococcal meningitis
- Liposomal amphotericin B (L-AmB), flucytosine, fluconazole to treat cryptococcal meningitis
WE CAN AND WILL SAVE THOUSANDS OF LIVES BY STOP DISCRIMINATING TB AND CM RIGHT NOW!
Fight AIDS Coalition (FAC) is a collaboration of PLHIV groups and civil society organisations around the world to advocate for improved response and investment in prevention, treatment, and care for Advanced HIV Diseases.