CLOSIND DATE: 11 OCTOBER 2021
We are the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+), a network for people living with HIV, run by people living with HIV. We engage with and support national and regional networks of people living with HIV, and this ensures that our global work is grounded in their local experiences and priorities. The meaningful involvement of people living with HIV is at the heart of all that we do.
GNP+ seeks to appoint two new board members. This is a voluntary role in the organisation. No member of the Board will receive compensation or remuneration in accordance with the policies, principles, and criteria set forth in its charter. Travel and lodging expenses for Board related activities are reimbursed according to GNP+ policies.
Participation and Time Commitment:
- Board members are legally required to fulfill their fiduciary duties, which will require you to devote a minimum of 35 hours per year to the organization. The amount of time will vary, from attending board meetings to regularly reviewing financial statements and meeting materials, committee meetings, orientation sessions, and special events.
- The full board convenes on a quarterly basis by conference call, start and end of year meetings, and 1 yearly face to face meeting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The board has the responsibility to:
- Board Members are expected to rigorously prepare for, attend and participate in all Board and applicable committee meetings, and to spend the time needed to properly fulfill their obligations.
- Appoint, manage and regularly review the performance of the Co-Executive Directors
- Participate in all Board activities including Meetings and relevant Committee Meetings as determined;
- Represent GNP+ and the GNP+ Board upon request and provide post-meeting reports;
- Approve, monitor, and review the progress of the annual budget and work plan
- Monitor and review the financial results
- Approve annual and quarterly financial statements, and approve release thereof
- Approve annual organizational reports, approve release thereof
- Develop and monitor the 5-year Strategic Plan along with Executive Leadership
- Respond to requests of endorsements and public statements along with Executive Leadership
- All board members are expected to participate in helping to keep the organisation healthy by mobilizing resources.
Download full Terms of Reference
For more information you can email one of our co-directors:
- Sbongile Nkosi – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gerard van Mourik – email@example.com